Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Looser pants!

Its only been a week or so - but I swear my pants I'm wearing today are a little bit looser.... baby steps people. Baby steps.

Hubby's sister is in town for a while and the kids are quite excited by it all. She's been over for dinner the last two nights and they've been very good with manners at the table. Getting to bed has been a bit different, but still fun. They are calling for a crappy weekend on the weather side so our planned trip to the zoo may fall apart. Bummer.

I went back and looked at the new IKEA plans that I created and I'm really quite annoyed that I lost six inches of counter top due to the official measure. Means my sink moves and ends up in a corner... and then the cupboard over the fridge gets all complicated.... If I find a way to make this all work well I may just have to consider a career change. The file of ideas for the house, decorating, furnishing, painting etc etc is getting larger by the day. The good news is that the things that we like are frighteningly consistent - bad news is that we are going to have to pare it all down sooner or later. Sometimes I think that there is no way we are going to get the things done that we really *want* done before we move in, and some days it seems much more plausible. I guess only time will tell.

Well must head out and make some dinner for the troops.... "I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight" (and if you recall that jingle you are as old as I am).

No comments: